Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Red Syrah Maxi Skirt

Last year I bought Pattern Parcel #6, which I have used 2 of the patterns already. I probably will make all of the patterns out of this parcel, which surprises me. This was a great pattern parcel! I made the Bronte top (see here) and also the Julia cardigan (see here). So this was a good pattern set. Today I will do #3, the Syrah skirt from Baste and Gather. I know I have made maxi skirts before but I thought I would try another pattern.


So Syrah skirt it is. I used this thin, red knit. I used it to make my boyfriend a shirt (which you will see soon). It is a gorgeous color of crimson! I added 3 inches to the hem since I am tall. I opted for a simple even hem, then a simple waste band- the foldover, and a lining. It was a really easy sew even though I got a little confused with the wasteband but then it clicked. The fit is perfect. I did not hem but left it raw as my experience with this fabric it does not sew with a twin needle- yeah it is that thin. So I wanted to have it hang nicely, so we left it raw.

I love the lining with it, I thought i would not like it but turns out I did. I like having that extra layer and it isn't too tight so I like that. I paired it with a simple top I made awhile back (see here). It fits great!



The band for the waist. Fits well and no muffin top. ;)

I really hate taking after photos, seriously. But I would recommend this pattern!
Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

Lovenicky said...

I love the colour of your skirt. A thin knit with a lining is a good thing (no VPL! ;-). You look great in maxi skirts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...